Sisters of Mercy
The Sisters of Mercy in the Derry Diocese are part of the Northern Province.
Thornhill Ministries, Thornhill Convent, 121 Culmore Road, Derry BT48 8JF
Tel 028 – 71351 233
Thornhill Convent, 121 Culmore Road, Derry BT48 8JF
Tel: 028 - 7135 2209.
Ballymagroarty Convent, 8a Sheelin Park, Derry BT48 0PD
Tel: 028 - 7126 0398.
6 Ballycolman Road, Strabane BT82 9PH.
Tel: 028 - 7188 5913.
Lawrence Hill Convent, 1 Lawrence Hill, Derry BT48 7NJ
Tel: 028 - 7126 9854
16 Papworth Ave. Derry BT48 8PT. Community: 3.
Sisters also residing at:
Culmore Road, Ballynagard Crescent, Belmont Crescent, Steelstown Village, Culmore Park, Rockfield, Waterside Hospital, Derry; Towncastle Road, Strabane; The Nazareth House, Fahan.
The Sisters of Mercy in the Derry Diocese are part of the Northern Province. At the invitation of the Bishop of Derry, Most Reverend Edward McGinn, Mother Mary Ann Doyle, Convent of Mercy, Tullamore, County Offaly, founded the first Convent of Mercy in the diocese at Pump Street, Derry City on July 21, 1848.